Been doing some repair work and relocating plugs and fan in my garage, and I ran across some old wiring that I had disconnected the power from. It was aluminum wiring, and that's probably why I re-ran the circuit. At that time, there was quite a fuss about aluminum wiring, and in Ontario, it was banned from use.(because of house fires, attributed to aluminum wiring) I'm getting off topic, what I wanted convey to you, is that aluminum wiring, if you have it in your home, is not a bad thing. BUT, there are some different things that need to be done when working with it. I just read a very good article in Electric Line magazine outlining the SAFE way to work with the aluminum wiring in your home, if you still have it, or can not change it. The article itself is well written and easy to understand. The danger with aluminum wiring develops when aluminum is connected to copper screws, and terminals, without proper materials. The article can be found at www.electricalline.com firstname.lastname@example.org .
I've been an electrician for a long time, with provincial licenses, masters license, industrial and construction/maintenance license, red seal certified, I take safety seriously and thought I'd pass this on. I can copy you the article if you wish or answer some questions for you.(no buttons to push, just the article this time)leave a note.Have a good day, stay safe